This article explains how to communicate with your customer in CS-Cart.
- Login to the Admin area.
- Go to Administration --> Add-ons.
- The "Comments and Reviews" add-on should be installed and enabled. Once that is done, click on the add-on name or click on the edit link for that add-on.
- In the "Comment and reviews options" screen, in the "Orders" section, select the checkbox for "Allow customer to initiate discussion" and then click the "Save" button. You can now use this add-on to send order-related messages to customers via email and have them logged in the "Communication" tab for the orders.
To send a message to a customer regarding their order:
- Go to Orders --> View Orders.
- Search or browse for the desired orders.
- Click on the order ID or the "View" link for that order.
- On the Viewing order screen, click on the "Add-ons" tab.
- For the "Comments and reviews" add-on, for the "Communication" select menu, select "Enabled" and click the "Save" button. You will now see a "Communication" tab for the order. Click on this tab.
- To send a message to the customer related to the order, click on the "Add Post" button in the bottom right of the screen. Then on the "New post" screen, enter your name and message and click on the "Add" button. You will see your message listed in the Communication tab for the order. A copy of that message will be automatically emailed to the customer. If the customer sends a reply via the My Account area of your store, it will appear in the Communications section for the order and an email will be sent to the email address specified in Settings --> Company --> Order department e-mail address. If they send a reply by simply replying to the email, the email will be received at the email address specified in Settings --> Company --> Order department e-mail address and will NOT be logged to the Communications tab history for the order.
Add to Favourites
Print this Article