Type App is a very popular Android email app. It allows you to configure all your email accounts to let you read and send mail from your Android device. Type App is free and can be downloaded by going to Google Play and searching for "Type App", then installing.
This tutorial is going to show you how to setup an Email Account in Type App.
Before you can configure any email program you need to make sure you have already created an email account in your web hosting account. This is usually done through your cPanel, and if you have any questions on how to do that, please view the tutorial "How to Create a POP EMail Account". Now, we have our account, and we are going to open the Type App application on your Android device.
Just go to Google Play and search for "Type App", then install.
- When you open the app, it will prompt you to add the first account.
- Select "Other" for the account type, then on the next screen select "Other Email".
- On the Other Email screen, enter the email address and password for the account. Uncheck the checkbox for "Automatic". Then click Next.
- For the Account Type, select IMAP.
- On the incoming Server Settings, use the settings we provided you for:
Then click Next.
- Upon successful connection, you should see a "You're almost done!" screen. Enter the name to appear in outgoing emails and a description for the account.
Then click Done.
- On the "Account Notifications" screen, you can set the notifications settings. Then click Done.
- Click on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner of the screen, then in Settings, click on "Various Account Settings".
- Click on the account you just added. Then click Edit Account. Then click Incoming/Outgoing Settings.
- For the Incoming Settings, click Next.
- For the Outgoing server settings, use the following settings:
- Click next. If you entered everything correctly, you should not see any errors and should see the Edit Account screen. You can now click on the back arrouw in the top left until you see your inbox.
- To add another account, just click on the 3 dots in the bottom right corner of the screen, then in Settings, click on "Various Account Settings". Then click the "+" for Add account and repeat the above steps.