In our continued efforts to decrease our carbon footprint on the environment and to be more environmentally responsible, we have installed a new state-of-the-art solar panel system here at Granite Web. Our solar system consists of 29 solar modules, 29 solar inverters and an inverter. The system is capable of generating about 10,325 KWH/annual, supplying at least 50% of our annual energy demands.
Annually, that’s enough to reduce our carbon footprint by 6.5 tons or the equivalent of 195 trees cleansing the air for a year!
We feel strongly that businesses should employ measures like:
- Get a comprehensive energy audit
- Use LED or CFL bulbs
- Consider using hibernate mode for laptops and workstations
- Implement High Efficiency HVAC systems including a heating/cooling schedule
- Switch off equipment when not in use
- Switch off non-essential lighting when not in use
- Buy energy-efficient office devices whenever possible
- Promote energy efficiency awareness to in-house staff
- Consider installing a solar energy (P.V.) system
- and many more …
Together, we can all do our part!